Cresswind Charleston brings the award-winning Cresswind active adult lifestyle to the Charleston area. This gated community is integrated within the thriving community of The Ponds while maintaining its own privacy. Cresswind features a full list of resort-style amenities, all located within a natural, Lowcountry setting.
Residents can take a short walk to the 12,000-square-foot clubhouse, enjoy pickleball and tennis or participate in activities at the event lawn and amphitheater. Additionally, homeowners have the opportunity to enrich their lives with cooking and yoga classes or bocce ball. Residents also can nurture their talent in the art room, play pool, swim in the resort-style pool, fish or kayak— and stay fit and healthy at a well-equipped fitness center.
Cresswind Charleston offers spacious homes featuring a wide range of customizable, designer choices, uniquely designed with careful attention to details. Single-family, ranch-style homes will include designer features, energy efficiency and designs complementary to active living. Tour eight designer model homes. Move-In Ready homes available now.
KOLTERHOMES created the 2018 Go Guide to Active Adult Living to help put you in control of your homebuying experience. After gathering suggestions from homebuyers just like you, and with guidance from industry experts, we developed this comprehensive online guide with the best active adult locations, insider tips, insights and driving tours. View the FREE guide at cresswind.com
- Acreage: 300 acres (120 hectares)
- Gatehouse: Gated entry
- Clubhouse:The Club at Cresswind offers resort-style amenities and an unparalleled lifestyle in a stunning, natural setting. Here, within this beautiful 12,000-square-foot clubhouse, you can take part in fitness classes, enjoy social gatherings and even discover new hobbies. The Club is complete with an aerobics/yoga studio, arts and crafts room and a state-of-the-art demonstration kitchen. In celebration of the great outdoors, The Club offers an array of al fresco amenities. From the sparkling pool to winding trails, tennis courts and pickleball courts, it’s all here to help you relax, play and stay fit.
- Tennis: Two tennis courts are located at the site of The Club at Cresswind, as well as three pickleball courts.
- Fitness: A fully equipped fitness center offers a yoga/aerobics studio, professional equipment and full schedule of group classes.
- Golf Nearby: Nearby golf includes Coosaw Creek Country Club’s Arthur Hills 18-hole course, the Scott Pool championship course at Legend Oaks Golf Club, the family-oriented Pine Forest Country Club, and the course at Wescott Golf Club designed by renowned golf course architect Michael J. Hurdzan.
- Recreation: Over 1,000 acres of preserved land include ancient moss-draped oaks, historic trails, two ponds and a lake for fishing, canoeing, and kayaking, an amphitheater, community parks and acres of open recreational spaces.
- Healthcare: Several major medical facilities are located nearby, including the acute-care Summerville Medical Center, 15 minutes away, Trident Medical Center in Charleston, and The Medical University of South Carolina, ranked one of the nation’s top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, also in Charleston.
- Shopping & Dining: A 5-minute drive from the community, downtown Summerville offers fine dining of every cuisine and a variety of specialty shops. Northwoods Mall offers more than 130 stores and services and Tanger Outlets features 90 brand-name stores; both are located 30 minutes away in Charleston.
- Area Attractions: Now you can truly have it all, close to home. At Cresswind Charleston, you’re just minutes from the dining, culture and beaches of historic Charleston, named #1 on Travel and Leisure’s World’s Best City list. You’re also just minutes from Summerville’s vibrant streets, eateries and local festivals.
- Homes for Sale: Priced from mid $200s to high $400s
- Amenities at a Glance:
- 12,000 sq. ft. clubhouse with full-time Activities Director
- Range of classes and programs: from fitness and nutrition to crafts and cards
- Volunteer and enrichment opportunities
- Miles of walking trails
- Moss-laden, centuries-old oaks
- Onsite YMCA
- Sidewalks connecting all areas of the community
- Two ponds and Schulz Lake for fishing, canoeing and kayaking
- Amphitheater, Community parks
Stay and Play Package – Cresswind Charleston
If you’re looking for an extended stay at this resort-inspired active adult community, you’re invited to explore our Stay & Play Getaway package and live like a resident at Cresswind Charleston. Your three-day, two-night stay includes:
- Access to The Club at Cresswind with full use of all amenities to meet neighbors & experience the resident lifestyle.
- Over 21 miles of walking trails, natural lake for fishing, canoeing or kayaking and visit our community Farmhouse for activities or grab a coffee in the Shady Oak Cottage.
- Comfortable accommodations in the stunning Stay & Play Fir plan, designer-decorated home. This beautiful 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath home also has a Den, Great Room, open Sunroom to enjoy your morning coffee, hardwood floors throughout with gas fireplace, gourmet Kitchen with stainless-steel appliances and granite counters.
- Personalized community and model tour with one of our knowledgeable New Home Consultants.
- Opportunity to explore the shopping, dining, museums & entertainment in Historic Downtown Summerville and Charleston.
To learn more, visit CharlestonStayandPlay.com